The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched to Seachem from API test for phosphate, since the API wasn't giving very accurate results.

I've heard the the Seachem test is more accurate but it is giving me a color that doesn't really match anything on the color chart.

Have a look at the pic below. Maybe someone can figure out what this result means. Phosphate should be around 2-3 ppm but I can't tell what this color means.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
The joy of color tests.

Looks like it is "somewhere past 2.0" haha. Sorry.

Assuming you're male, I have my wife look at the colors. She seems to have better color recognition than I do.

ETA: By the time you take a picture, compress it, and post it here....doesn't help much. The white balance on your camera can be off, the monitor the person is looking at the picture with can be off, not to mention the losses from .jpg, etc....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The joy of color tests.

Looks like it is "somewhere past 2.0" haha. Sorry.

Assuming you're male, I have my wife look at the colors. She seems to have better color recognition than I do.
lol maybe I should get a chick to look at it then...

What I hate about these color tests is that scale is pretty much logarithmic. The higher the level, the lower the accuracy. So annoying. Maybe I should test before dosing and just after a 50% WC. Hopefully with the lower level I can get a more readable color.

·
Registered
82 Posts

What I hate about these color tests is that scale is pretty much logarithmic. The higher the level, the lower the accuracy. So annoying. Maybe I should test before dosing and just after a 50% WC. Hopefully with the lower level I can get a more readable color.
Another thing to try is to dilute your sample- half tank water and half distilled water, then multiply the result by 2.

·
Registered
135 Posts

You could also dilute the sample with distilled water.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Another thing to try is to dilute your sample- half tank water and half distilled water, then multiply the result by 2.
So simple! Definitely gonna try that .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.