Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still have this great tank.

I will sell it cheaper to any verified members on here.
4" Eco Complete.
240 Watt Cf lighting w/ a few brand new spare bulbs
Ehime 2229 wet/dry canister ($350 new!) Used as a "reactor"
Ebay knock off ehim canister filter
BNIB spare of same filter.
Digital CO2 system with 10lb aluminum bottle.
Stainless heater
Solid oak high end stand, not the particle board craptacular stand.
Solid oak canopy
All the dodads/ test kits / chemicals / ferts/ whatever. Special water changer.
Great plants!

Heck, I'll even throw in the WATER!!!!!!!!

Make deal! Make an offer!

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does anyone sell tanks on this forum, or mostly plants? I have tried craigslist. I have over 2K invested in it. What should be a reasonable price?

·
Registered
484 Posts
You'd have a much larger market if you were closer to nyc. If you can't find anyone up there to buy it, may be more profitable to part it out and ship everything except the tank/stand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You might want to try providing some more detail about the light fixture and CO2 system as well as some better pictures of the stand and canopy. Still probably tough to get $700 but you might do better than $200.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would love to get it, though I live in Virginia (we are coming up to NY for Thanksgiving)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Alrighty, I get back in town later today, I'll load it up with pics.

Thanks.

EDIT: Some pics!

The Oscar is the sole occupant, you can tell I am not around much to give the tank the love it needs. There is a LOT of substrate, two ALL GLASS 55 X2 fixtures. One of the fixtures has been upgraded to take 65 watt bulbs. A total of 4 55 or 65 watt bulbs. The one filter was an ehime knock off that I bought years ago, and since I did not trust it, bought two. It has worked flawless for years. So, I have the matching one new in the box to go with it. The ehime 2229 filter alone is $330 bucks (now you know what I think of the $200 offer)
http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...kingCode=CFE02C64-C881-DE11-B712-001422107090

The SMS ph system was expensive, as was the spun aluminum 10lb tank.

I am not lying when I say I have some $$ invested here.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You will do better on here parting things out. Selling the filters, lights, co2, controller seperately on here will do well. Sell the tank locally, with stand for around 175-250.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You will do better on here parting things out. Selling the filters, lights, co2, controller seperately on here will do well. Sell the tank locally, with stand for around 175-250.

Thanks. I would rather not do that due to the hassle factor. I would like to see someone get a great deal, and watch it all disappear in an afternoon.

Thanks for the compliment Jadenlea. You should have seen it in its heyday.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
This is a beautiful setup! You should easily get $500 for it, if you can just find the right buyer. I've never had any luck on here with full setups. I usually sell the tank/stand/filter on Craigslist and try and part the more specialized equipment out but it is a big hassle so, I completely understand. Good luck with your sale!

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.