The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people refer to schooling fishing needing to be in schools of 4-6 (for example) does that mean 4-6 fish of the same type, or can you mix and match in a school?

For example, I have 3 congolese tetra, and 1 boesmani rainbow. Does that make a school of 4?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Agreed with poster above me, corys are fine being with other species of corys as long as they are similar. But other schoolers like black skirt tetras, neon tetras etc, will really only do best with more of there own species.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is that while it's tempting have lots of different types of fish, your tank will look better if you have decent amounts of just a few types of fish. They will behave more naturally and be less stressed, and your tank will seem more coherent, rather than a mishmash of shapes and colors and personalities.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I bought some flame tetras then i just discovered blue diamond tetras. i will watch what others say to see if its possible. i dont think they will school together. My tank is not big enough for 2schools. its 14g. i will have 4 flame tetras and 3-4 panda cories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.