The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90g planted tank with the following.

4 angels
4 swordtails
3 turquoise rainbow fish
7 neon tetras
3 Molly's
2 Cory's
3 hatchet fish
3 guppies

My question, is am I dreaming by thinking I can try to successfully keep some cherry shrimp in this tank?

If so, any suggestions on a different type of crustacean I could have better luck with? Maybe a blue crayfish if I remove it's claws?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think that there are cheaper ways to give your angels live food.

While there is a possibility that with a very densely planted tank that an established colony could keep up with what the angels would eat, but you'd probably want the colony established well before getting the angels in there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blue Ridge Reef

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe cherry shrimp are too irresistible to the angels. Perhaps you should put a bigger kind of shrimp

On my 30g I have a thriving colony of ghost shrimps. I had angels, rams and now only a discus, some plecos, cories and tetras with the shrimps.

Enviado de meu SM-A705MN usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up 30 ghosts to see what happens. I'm down like 5 already lol. Since the ghosts are so cheap. I'll use them as the measuring stick to see how planted my tank it to sustain their colony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.