The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my 75 gallon up with lively fish.

Currently i have 10 Zebra Danio's and 10 Blue long fin danios..

I'm planning on adding 50 cardinal tetras and maybe 10 congo / emperor tetras.

Can my bioload support more? using an XP3 filter and it will be heavily planted (jungle style). I generally will try to keep up with a 20 gallon water change per week.

If you think the bioload can support more, what would make a lively, but safe contribution to the community? I REALLY enjoy watching the Danios in the morning. Aparantly the morning antics by these guys are spawning periods, but its still fun to watch them dart in and out of the hairgrass with others chasing them. Beautifull irradecent blue lines on them with direct sunlight too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Heavily Planted with and XP3 on a 75gal, what you have planned is fine with the exception that the Congos may nip at those long fins on the Blue Danios.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id say you're pushing it. Maybe leave out the 10 congo & Just have 30 cardinals. Even with 30 cardinals, that'll run you $150 - $200. That'll be some purchase.
I've a reliable LFS that will let me bulk order cardinals for $1.10 / each. Planning on ordering 100 and selling some to the local aquarium club

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't think you'd consider them bigger but Lemon Tetras are great fish that don't nip at all. I have 8 of them with my Discus and they go great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.