The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of not being able to do fish tanks I have the time and money to get back in to it....I have tried doing searches but my internet keeps cutting out on me : / ...so I wrote this in word and quickly pasted it in here :D

I am not a total newbie and have mostly everything I need ..couple things though....

I am wanting to use the ADA glass products for a C02 setup ...anyone know where might be able to get these products at a decent price... And where I might be able to get a co2 setup?

I am looking for a free flowing plant setup and want to have a grass covering the bottom and a couple steams and perhaps a bushy type plant....What kind of substrant would be best and would not break the bank...as a good site I can view plants at .... I use to have a million links to such things but that computer is long gone since my tankin days

Other then these couple items I will be good to go ..Thank you for anyone who responds it is greatly appriecated!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Where are you in Tx?

In Houston there is ADG and City Pets that stock ADA products, though ADG carries just about all ADA things available.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Fort Worth : / ..not to much around these areas for real planted tanks....as for the over priced pretty glass...really I am just looking for the diffuser..

and thanks for posting rex..I couldnt remeber your website or your screen name on here

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hi, Fishingdood, I am south of you, in Joshua. And I know what you mean about not much available for planted tanks in this area. I don't know if you have visited these sites yet, but these are some local ones, and someone may be able to help you.

Welcome to the DFW Aquatic Plant Club

DallasFishBox.com » Dallas Tropical Fish Tank Forum is a DFW fish group with a planted section.

DFW*Marine Aquarium*Society is a salt water group, but they have a huge forum with lots for sale, and sometimes you can get some freshwater stuff on there, as some of their members have both salt and freshwater.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Thanks for the info, crisps. One of these days, I'll have to saddle up the old mare and head over to Dallas!

·
Registered
175 Posts
There is a company located in Houston, Texas that sells plants cheap on ebay. Their reputation is ok. I just ordered two plants from them about two weeks ago. They take a week to process your order before they ship it out, but cheap plants and free shipping is worth the wait IMO. I received my plants in good condition but they sent me one of the wrong plants in my favor. I order some java moss and hairgrass and got java moss and microswords instead. I contacted them and they refunded my money. Either way I'm happy. :)

Aquadise Store

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been to dallas aquarium ..it is a great place just a drive...they had a fire awhile back and lost a good part of the store...thank you for the responces!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts