1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It completely lacks phosphates(and thus why it all can be combined). Not a good way to avoid things like GSA...

I'd have to get my calculator out, but that 1/4 cup ferts to 2 cups water seems close or over the likely solubility limit. It would require actually weighing the nutrients for me to be able to tell.

You'd be further ahead mixing a solution of micro and macro yourself for them. Skipping phosphate unless your water is super high in phosphate is usually a bad idea.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
For some JUST EXAMPLES: their water out of tap has enough Magnesium so there's not point is dosing MORE. All in one is great but some like to dose whats needed on a individual bases.
This is a great idea and all, but 90% of people dose EI and don't think about it. Unless everyone is using calibrated test kits, there isn't much point in even testing at all.

The idea behind EI is that excess does not matter.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The other problem with that mix of micros and macros is that if you dose enough for the nitrates you need, you are way overdosing on micros. The proportions are not even close to being good. It is absurdly easy to mix your own all-in-two solutions so why not buy the individual chemicals and do so?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
So the combo packages are good...the ones that contain separate components but come in a single order? Would anything need added to this to get started? I understand depending on how my plants react I may need to add or subtract accordingly, but is this a good way to get started?

http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/shop/en/fertilizers/15-csmb-nkp-combo-pack.html
The product in your link is "all in one package." Assuming that just means it arrives at your door in one package, but each fert is in a different bag, then you are good. However, it might mean that all those listed weights of ferts are literally in one package (bag). Doesn't seem likely, but worth checking out nonetheless.

If you acquired a package of those ferts, potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, micros complex, as well as potassium sulfate, you should be well on your way. The latter fert is not always needed as all it does is supply potassium and that is typically satisfied with the first two. Not bad to have around though.

Some people also use gH booster, but I don't have any experience with that so I don't know the best route with that. Lastly you gotta check up on EI dosing. I noticed there was a link for it there on the bottom of your ordering page. (Estimative Index) Read that thoroughly and use that, SOOO easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.