The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do? My slow growing plants seem to accumulate green spot algae on the leaves. My fast growing plants seem immune, but its ruining some of plants what do i do? Pressurized CO2, dose NPK SO4 and micros. T5HO 55x3 on a 55G

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If it's GSA, try some otto's or amano/rcs (given, you have fish that won't eat the shrimp).

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
What to do? My slow growing plants seem to accumulate green spot algae on the leaves. My fast growing plants seem immune, but its ruining some of plants what do i do? Pressurized CO2, dose NPK SO4 and micros. T5HO 55x3 on a 55G
Try 3ppm or so of PO4, good CO2, and what you where doing otherwise.
Should take care of the GSA. I add about 3-4ppm 2-3x a week of PO4 and have no issues with GSA.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dose 1/8tsp of PO4 3 times a week, 1/2tsp NO3 and 1/8 TSP KH2SO4. I use fluorite as my substrate. For my 55G, to obtain 3-4ppm of PO4, how much should i dose?

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Seems about right 0.29 grams will add 1ppm to the tank.
Teaspoon weight= 4.8 grams or so

4.8/8 = .6 grams

So 2ppm per dose.

So if you still have GSA, you can rule out PO4 for the issue it would seem.
Next, focus on less light/more/better/stable CO2.

GSA is 2 possible issues, not PO4 alone.
PO4 is the easy one to rule out and adjust, CO2 is harder, but easier with less light.

Regards,
Tom Barr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.