Colour Changing Leves

1058 9

How Can I Treat This... Pls Help
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the lack of information. This's a low budget nano tank. Am using RO Water & weekly water changes. I dont have a water testing facility right now. Everything was perfect for 3 weeks of planting, there's a good growth also. Suddenly comes these colour change. Am using Flourish Excel Alternative days.

Bump:
Without knowing your water parameters, PH, KH, GH, and what sort of fertilizers you use and how often, as well as the size tank and lighting you have it is impossible to give you an answer.
Sorry for the lack of information. This's a low budget nano tank. Am using RO Water & weekly water changes. I dont have a water testing facility right now. Everything was perfect for 3 weeks of planting, there's a good growth also. Suddenly comes these colour change. Am using Flourish Excel Alternative days.

·
Banned
324 Posts
RO water is not the problem. I'm thinking your lack of added nutrients is though. Just a random guess.Like key master said no parameters makes it harder to tell what your real problem may be.when posting list as much as you can about about your tank.tank size, filter, lighting, nutrient dosing, plants, fish, gh,kh,ph,co2 levels,ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,water changes and so on. The more info provided the more accurate the diagnosis will be. Is this a dirted tank, liquid fert, dry fert or what?

·
Banned
324 Posts
Because the little bit of nutrients in tap water is alot less compared to the nutrients from other sources like fish waste, liquid or dry ferts, or nutrient from the substrate be it things like organic soil or soils like eco-complete. There are many experienced hobbyists that use only RO but they add nutrints anyway so tap water nutrients isn't needed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nutes!

How Can I Treat This... Pls Help
Your plants are starving to death.

RO/DI water is not a problem, but it needs menerals and such added back in. You can do this by adding some tap water (I have hard water, I use 1 part tap to 5 parts RO/DI) or buying some neutral buffer at your LFS. While you're there, get some aquarium plant food, make sure it provides Macro and micro nutrients.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
+1, RO may be a "factor" but it isn't "a problem" per-se...

RO *shouldn't* be a problem if you are using RO water properly and adding back in sufficient minerals and fertilizers for the health of your plants and fish. The fact that RO appears to be misused without minerals or fertilizers is a problem.

Looking at your plants, they are showing yellow margins of the leaves.. that is most likely potassium deficiency.. However, you're going to find that once you fix that, others will follow suit.

Plants need 14 nutrients/minerals in order to grow. Aquatic plants are no different than land plants in this regard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_nutrition

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.