The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am pretty new to this forum, but I am enjoying it throughly! I live in the Colorado Springs area and have been in fish keeping for about 6 months now. I was just wondering how many people on this forum are from the Colorado Springs area, and also if any are interested in starting a Planted Club? Post on here and lets see what we can get going!
Ryan

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Welcome! We live up in Denver Metro area, but were also thinking about starting a Planted Club spin off of the Colorado Aquarium Society. Perhaps we could join initiatives and have one meeting in the Springs and the next in Denver Metro and such.

The Colorado Aquarium Society meets on the first friday night of each month. My husband did a speech on aquatic noxious weeds at the last meeting... if you would like to see the presentation, it is listed in the Helpful Links here:

Under 'Presentation On Noxious Weeds'
CAS Helpful Links

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome Ryan, since your down in the Springs you should check out South Colorado Aquarium Society click hereThey have some plant people there such as Curt Dunaway the owner and creator of plantgeek.net he is a great and knowledgeable guy. From what I understand from talking with Curt in the past there seems to be a following of plant people don't there as well in the club.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I talked to one of the gals from the SCAS (Colorado Springs club) a couple of days before the "scheduled" auction. She informed me that they canceled the auction because there is NO participation in the club. It's down to a paltry few members and they basically don't do anything anymore. I was hoping that I could have two clubs to call home since either are at least 2 hours away, but alas, it seems after talking to her that they wouldn't be worth a drive.

I think if it doesn't happen THRU OUR CLUB in Denver, it won't happen at all. They have too few members and virtually no interest. Boo hoo... maybe we can do like Tally says and come up with an every other meeting deal Denver/Springs... Great idea Tally.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello everyone. I currently live at CSU in Fort Collins, but I'm a resident of Colorado Springs during the summer. I, too, would love to join a planted tank club and get to know some of those active in the hobby in the area, but, alas, I have yet to attend any meeting (in any of the clubs.) I think it would be a great idea to help revitalize SCAS and join in with the community, but at the moment, I'm so rediculuously busy with school, I hardly have time for anything. Maybe in the summer... Any way, hello, and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.