The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Reminder to attend the Colorado Aquarium Society Meeting This Friday!
Our meetings are on the First Friday of each month, beginning at 7:30 P.M., at the First Universalist Church of Denver, 4101 E Hampden Ave, Denver, CO, at the N.E corner of Hampden Ave. and Colorado Boulevard.

Our monthly meetings include a keynote speaker on fish topics, a Bowl show with some special fish on display, and a monthly mini-auction of plants, fish and equipment. If you enjoy the aquarium hobby and want to learn more about your fish, if you want to have access to new species and new varieties, join us once a month for a very fishy experience. Non-members, visitors and guests are always welcome.

Friday, March 7th at 7:30 p.m. Our program will be on the species currently available in the Livebearer hobby. There are over 650 different species of freshwater livebearers and 300 species of saltwater livebearers. Many of you are stuck in the guppy, platy, swordtail and molly stage in your aquarium life, but those don't represent the livebearer choices available today. Greg Sage, former chairman of the American Livebearer Association and owner of Select Aquatics, will be introducing you to a whole world of easy to breed and unusual tank mates that have come into the hobby in only the last 20 years. Though generally fairly easy to care for, many are both extremely attractive and near extinction in the wild. We will also have some of these rare and endangered species available for viewing and in our mini-auction if you want to try something new and rare.
Bowl show this month will be Bettas, Brackish Water fish and Open Class.
Reminder: Our growth contest plants, water lettuce, are due back for judging this month.

Saturday, March 8th, is the Rocky Mt Cichlid Association spring auction at the First Plymouth Congregational Church, 3501 S. Colorado Boulevard which is the S. W corner of Hampden and Colorado Blvd. 11:00 to 6:00

Sunday, March 9th the Rocky Mt. Cichlid Associations monthly meeting, Colorado Academy, 3800 S. Pierce St. @5:30

Sunday, March 16 Rocky Mountain Killifish meeting, contact us for more details.

Saturday, March 22, is our Spring Auction! This is the big one! Arvada United Methodist Church, 6750 Carr Street, Arvada CO. Auction begins at 10:00 and goes all day and into the evening! Hundreds of rare and unusual fish, supplies and plants will be available at bargain prices. This is where you meet the experts and buy the unusual!

Friday, April 4th, The Colorado Aquarium Society presents Keven Fehringer. He will be presenting a program on diseases, diagnosis, prevention and cure. His presentation has been well received by other aquarium groups and we are lucky to have someone this knowledgeable to speak to our group on this important topic.

Visit us and see what you have been missing. For more information, visit our web site at www.coloradoaquarium.org

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I'm ready for the auction! New 75g tank is in need of plants and anything else I can get my hands on ;)
I will be there as usual. Not much room for plants, or fish lol but I will come and see if there are some odds and ends I might be interested in for the 40b rescape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.