Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An invitation to attend the Colorado Aquarium Society Meeting
Friday August 1st !
Friday August 1st !
7:30 at the First Universalist Church of Denver, 4101 E Hampden Ave, Denver, CO, on the N.E corner of Hampden Ave. and Colorado Boulevard. If you enjoy the aquarium hobby, want to learn more about your fish and you want to have access to new species and new varieties, join us once a month for a very fishy experience. Non-members, visitors and guests are always welcome.
- Our Speaker will be Kevin Thurston. He will be presenting a “guided tour”, exploring the habitats in the three major rivers around Iquitos, Peru (Nanay, Itaya and Amazon). There will be pictures of many different kinds of fish including tetras(rummy nose, piranhas, chalceus), cichlids (discus, angels, Apistograsmma), catfish (pictus, plecos, corydoras) and knifefish; along with information about exactly where they were caught and what sort of environment they were found in.
- We will have a mini auction of fish, plants and other.
- Our Bowl Show will be a “double header”. Our show categories from July are: Livebearers, Mollies, Swords, Platys, Guppies and all fish of the Poecillae family, shown in pairs. Also Goldfish and Koi, shown as singles. The August classes will be Marine fish, species that are exclusively marine. Large Neotropical Cichlids from North, Central and South American whose adult size is over 4 inches.
- August 9-10, Aquaponics Fest in Longmont.http://theaquaponicsource.com/aquaponics-fest-2014/
- August 29-31, Marine Aquarium Conference of N.A. go to http://macnaconference.org/2014/
- Sept 5: Colorado Aquarium Society will have its monthly meeting, we will have a guest speaker
- Sept 14: Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association will have its next member meeting on September 14.
- Sept 21: Rocky Mountain Killifish Association meeting
- Oct 11: Colorado Aquarium Society Fall Auction, get your credit card, fish and equipment ready.
- Oct 25th: Rocky Mountain cichlid Association will have its Fall Auction. Get ready for some Cichlids!