The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cold water plants

2060 5
Hi guys, i really need help because i cant find much information online. does anyone have any suggestions for what plants i can put in my cold water aquarium? I kind of want the cold water equivalent of baby tears carpet plant because i love the look of that plant and then also a few "center piece" plants as well. Any one got any ideas?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I don't know of any coldwater plants that will actually carpet. In my unheated tank the smallest plants are crypt willisii, anubias nana petite, anubias pangolino, and various small buces. Subwassertang sits on the bottom, too, but mine never has nice form - it looks ratty in my unheated tank (whereas has nicely rounded shapes in my heated betta tank) ... . . .

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have yet to find an aquatic environment where Marselia Minuta won't do its best to grow. I've had the start of a respectable carpet in my unheated tanks, and hell, it overwinters outside in sub-freezing temps. It would probably work fine for you, and usually only gets 1/2-1" tall submerged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.