The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've been looking here and there but didn't find an answer to my question.
I have a Cobalt EXT canister filter and I love it. Its only downside is that the water inline pump is a bit weak, maybe even weak-er as I'm using it OUTSIDE the tank. That's the beauty of this canister: you can run it outside and hide it easily; also if it dies, you just replace the pump not the whole canister. Anyways I'm looking at getting an inline heater now and it will reduce further the flow.
So my best bet would be to replace the pump to get a more powerful one. I contacted Cobalt and they're supposed to release a more powerful version "soon" (they told me beginning of the year last year, and well it's already June...) but I'm tired of waiting and I'm wanting to find a replacement.
Does anyone have a recommendation for an inline water pump that would do the same job? Doesn't have to be submersible.
If I add another pump (same one as I have) on the same "circuit", will it help adding power? Or is it useless?
Here is the original pump, it's rated 210gph and I would need at least 300 for my tank:
https://www.cobaltaquatics.com/products/cobalt-ext-inline-pump

Thank you

·
Registered
527 Posts
There are lots of options, but I’ve always found the standard Cobalt pump to be adequate. That’s probably why you aren’t getting any responses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts