The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my co2 from diy to a paintball setup using a single stage regulator. I'm looking at a paintball tank because I'm using a 20 gallon tank and don't plan to upgrade for awhile and space is limited as my tank is in my bedroom. That being said, I see co2art has had issue with the dual stage but what about the single stage? Would that be ok for a start up regulator? I have thought about finding a used regulator then buying a post body kit off diyco2 website but I'm also trying to stay as much around $120 or less for the whole regulator setup. Any advice or a regulator or the single stages by co2art?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Why are you focused on co2art?

what about Aquatek regulator or Milwaukee regulators?

Cheaper than 120 and i think for the Aquatek there is a pre-made adapter for paintball, all available on amazon also. Have a look regardless if you want them or not, try and shop the market and not get caught on just one brand or website etc.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mainly because i heard they were better made than aquatek and milwaukee. Those two brands always seem to have fluctuation issues. Im looking at building my own setup now with a taprite regulator, diyregulator.com post body kit and paintball tank maybe 5lb tank also.

·
Planted Tanker
6,068 Posts
I have both aquatek and CO2 art regs and there is absolutely no comparison. The aquatek is highly irregular from one day to the next, even with an aftermarket fabco needle valve.

The co2 art is set and forget. Think they just had a bad run of one or two particular models around the end of the year. I initially got one of the duds on black friday, but they quickly sent me a new one that works perfect.

Edit: Oh yeah, also running one of these with a 2.5 lb cylinder on a 20 gal tank. It has been very reliable too

Note that the working pressure is pre-set, and cannot be adjusted

http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...um-co2-regulator-with-solenoid-magnetic-valve

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Intense V3 regulator with solenoid that CO2Art sells (used to be sold by GLA) is good. It has gotten pretty good reviews from the research I have done. I have one that I am going to set up as soon as the rest of my gear arrives. You will need an adapter to fit on paintball tanks(the blue part and the grey part below the blue). It feels and looks well made to me. It is preset at 2 bar (29 psi) working pressure. It will run the Atomic/Bazooka atomizers that require more working pressure or the glass and ceramic disk diffusers. I think the inline diffusers require around 36 psi so it's probably no so good for that. The stock needle valve is supposed to be decent. I am not using it though. This is mine. I built a manifold with 2 Fabco NV-55's to use it on 2 tanks that are on the counter in my kitchen. It is a tidy package that is easy for me to hide. Just waiting on some bubble counters. Good luck on your quest for CO2. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...products/advance-complete-aquarium-co2-system

This is the system I bought about a month ago along with their advanced paintball adapter and 24oz paintball tank. Total cost was right around 155 and that was everything including filling the tank. I know that's a bit over 120 but its a really easy setup and has everything you need to get started. When I was looking into setting up CO2 I originally started with an aquatek mini and found all the pieces I needed and the cost was just about the same maybe a little more actually so I opted for the complete system from co2art. I had no problems with setup, no leaks, took a couple hours to get the 1 bps set but once it was dialed in I haven't had to touch it again. Really just plug and play which was awesome and just what I was looking for. I've got it going on a 5.5 gallon and there hasn't been a drop in tank pressure at all yet and I was concerned about eotd but really I don't think it will be an issue, I take a look at everything during my weekly water changes. Anyway just sharing my experience with a co2art single stage regulator, I'm sure you could piece a system together and possibly for cheaper but the convenience of getting it all in one shot was nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I have seen the intense and like it a lot. The other package deal suggested is nice also. I will look more into both, probably be ordering everything very soon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
GLA seems to be a pretty quality brand. They seem to be recommended pretty frequently and I think their main location is in Florida. Unknown where the actual regulators etc are made.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
601 Posts
Right. They are pretty pricey. I'm like an hours drive from there but feel what they're charging is a bit much. For the price of their single stage you can get a dual stage from CO2 Art. I'm not passing judgement on the quality of either because I haven't used either, just pointing that out. I suppose you can also look at the Aquatek or Milwaukee Regulators. Plenty of people seem to use them, it just looks like they might require a little more attention than some of the other brands mentioned. An Aquatek on Amazon is $87.99 right now, certainly not top of the line but I've read where people have had success. Looks like the Milwaukee is on there for about the same price.

I just saw your budget of $60. I'm not sure if I missed that initially or you just added it.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
They are pretty pricey. For the price of their single stage you can get a dual stage from CO2 Art. I suppose you can also look at the Aquatek or Milwaukee Regulators. there for about the same price.

I just saw your budget of $60. I'm not sure if I missed that initially or you just added it.
I added the my budget after your comment.

Thinking strongly on getting Regulator Model # WRCO2 by Interstate Pneumatics

·
Planted Tanker
6,068 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of those and putting the solenoid and needle valve from a bad CO2Art reg that I got last fall (they have since replaced it). Let us know how you like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.