The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I am thus far HUGELY happy with mine. I bought the one they recently came out with...dual stage. I did have to find a washer locally, as the one they sent with it really wasn't the right size, but that was an easy task at a local welding supply place. They gave me 5 at no charge, just because they're nice and don't generally have much call for this specific washer.

My regulator has been set-it-and-forget-it. Not even the slightest fluctuation showing in either tank pressure or working pressure. I'm still tinkering with the needle valve and determining rate. That's an issue of what appears to be unreliable drop-checker solution (I'm going to try Fluval's highly rated stuff to see if it's any better. Not really sure the stuff from Co2Art is any good. It goes to yellow fast and then stays there, even overnight with no Co2 flowing).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got their dual stage regulator a couple weeks ago and have been quite happy with it. I didn't go with the option of the better SMC needle valve since I am planning to use a manifold/splitter to use the one regulator it with two aquariums, but I would recommend getting the SMC needle valve if you will be using it for a single aquarium.

·
Registered
936 Posts
get the SMC valve while you're at it. it is really good despite its tiny size. cant comment on dualstage reg since i use single stage one of theirs and happy with it but what i can speak of is theyre superb support service. 6 stars out of 5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies guys! Now I just have to ask, what about those aquatek regulators you see on amazon are they crap like I would think?

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts