The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should build a co2 thing for my tank? its 5 gallon with 20w 6500k cfl light and anover 14w 2700k cfl my plants dont grow that well but maybe i could build this and expect good plant grows? please let me know wheter it may be good for my tank i have a co2 bottle and filter and difuser just wondering wether i should add this build to my tank?

thanks guys

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding CO2 will only help plants, so there really is no disadvantage to having a setup.

Don't forget that you will probably need to be dosing fertilizers as well.
Cheers i dont currently fertalizer and never could i just have no fertalize and just co2? just to expensive in my town 40 dollars for 30 milleliter bottle :(and with no job i try easy way from less cost things :)

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
While it is possible to not dose fertilizers, you would probably have to stick with a low light aquarium. Using the two CFL bulbs you have right now, depending on the reflector, their orientation as well as how high they are from the substrate might give you medium lighting.

You would either have to dose fertilizers or (physically) raise the lighting (lower the intensity).

Regarding fertilizers, rather than purchasing commercial products, it is always a worthwhile investment to look at bulk chemicals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts