The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denver area! Where do you get your co2? I know there are a million places (considering the 420 friendliness) but I want to know from other hobbyists. What is your favorite?
Much appreciated guys!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Red comet adx used to be my spot, but they moved up to north glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, they are up here in Northglenn off 104th and Irma. its 9.00 I think for a 5lb fill, they fill while you wait. I use them as they are less than a mile from my house. They have strict hours though, Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 and will fill tanks up to 4:00

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another option is all the "grow" shops around town. Acme Hydroponics in Broomfield refilled my 10 gal tank for about $7 last year. I had to wait a few days to get the tank back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow! I just found a place will swap aluminum 20lbs tanks for $10! I am heading over there tomorrow...hope no one tells them hope much they should be charging.....

http://www.cultivatecolorado.com/products-2/

Check out the locations at the bottom of the page.
u can find cheaper than 10 for a 20lb swap. way to grow is like 7/8 bucks. they know if they over charge for c02 there $ flow will go somewhere else, nature of the beast in that area, its more to get people into the store where they make it back on other markups.
theres also a place near/across the street from boyers coffie that does refils

would be nice if the mods made a sticky of co2 spots i remember i made a good list while back for people.

·
Registered
902 Posts
the nice thing about the hydroponics place is that it is 5 minutes from my house as opposed to 35-45 to head all of the way up there. I was convinced there for a while that I couldn't get my 20 lbs tank filled for less than 30 unless I wanted to drive way far. Also, the red comex adx place raised their prices to $2 a lb. So, for a 20# it is now $40....a little crazy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.