The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a DIY - I actually found the Nutrfin C02 refill packets for .70 a for a package of 3...so figued what the heck.

2 Liter Pop Bottle
Airline tubing
Check Valve
"Discard-A-Stone" Diffuser (http://www.petco.com/product/6126/Lees-Discard-A-Stones-Aquarium-Airstones.aspx)

Drilled the cap of the 2 Liter, put airline in and sealed with Superglue. Cup line and put checkvalue about 6 inches from the cap.

1.) What mix do I use with the Nutrafin Refill packets? I believe 1 Cup of Water and 1 Cup of Sugar...does that sound right?

2.) Any issues keeping the 2 Liter in my cabinet underneath the tank?

3.) Is that "diffusor" acceptable? Where is the ideal placement in the tank (I have the 30G biocube) with a return pump on the left and intake on the right through a 3 stage mechanical filtration system.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
1- Dont know just get some active dry yeast from the grocery and follow one of the million DIY threads on this site.

2- No

3- yes but it might not works the best. If you have a canister filter it would work well if you put that diffuser below the filter outtake. Then your taking real diffusion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.