The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea yea I know the thread name is stupid, but lemme see if I can ask this without sounding like a complete moron...

OK. Is there any way to get Co2 to your tank without using a Co2 tank or DIY method? Like...an additive?

I dont really wanna put up a DIY area, because my cat likes to touch EVERYTHING, and I cant afford the initial cost of a real Co2 station.

Im trying to keep my tank low-tech/light/budget, but I have a feeling I am gonna wanna see greener/lusher plants. Or would I be okay without Co2, and just an additive like Flourish/Excel? :confused:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have 4 cats, 3 in which are kittens, they are allways on top of my counters and tanks. But not once have they done anything besides take a sip of water or stick their paw the tank. They never bother my equipment. If your tank is small enough, Try using both diy co2 and flourish.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 4 cats, 3 in which are kittens, they are allways on top of my counters and tanks. But not once have they done anything besides take a sip of water or stick their paw the tank. They never bother my equipment.
You are soooo lucky! I have a sphynx. This breed of cat doesnt act like a cat at all....she is too smart for her own good. She fetches, she talks, she swims, she turns her head 180degrees UPSIDE DOWN, and gets into EVERYTHING. Sphynx are like Monkey-dog-ferret-owl-children. Anything BUT a cat LOL! Neediest breed ever and just looking at one, youd know why ;P

The first day I caught her on TOP of the hood, drinking from the filter, and just yesterday she was on her back feet, with half her body in the tank while I was trying to get my ottos acclimized. Needless to say the cat and her sweater had to have a bath. >_>

Last thing I want is yeast and sugar all over my room blech!:eek5:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havent been able to find any GOOD DIY guides for this. (With decent pictures or even a movie) Most of them look just.....flimsy I guess would be the word. Obviously Im not expecting much from a DIY project, the whole point is to SAVE money not spend more, but I cant find any that look "stable"(?).:icon_frow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.