The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just setup my pres co2 kit with a ph controller and want to no do people use a timer on there solenoid???. I dont think i need 1 if i have got a ph controller is that right. Do people run a airstone on a timer for the night even if we have got a ph controller. Cheers Axl

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don't have a ph controller but as a rule you only need co2 during the time when the lights are on so if if your ph controller kicks in during the night it would be a waste of co2 wouldn't it?a timer would solve that.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The ph controller is suppose to stabilize the ph but I have mine on a timer with the lights.

There is no need for a timer when you are using a ph controller unless you wanted to get real technical with it and measure KH and PH at a given point where you co2 is perfect and set the ph controller to that and have the timer turn it all off at night.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use a ph controller without a timer. I just don't see any point in it. If the fish and plants are respirating at night then the pH stays low and you don't need CO2 so the solenoid doesn't open and your not really wasting anything. Any amount you would be wasting would be negligible. On my 29 gallon a 5lb tank of CO2 lasts about 9-10 months.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.