The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the exception of a few mods everything went really well. The system is up and running and keeping a steady ph of 7.5 thanks to the monitor. As stated in other threads my tap is 7.6 and aged water is 8.3. I tried changing water with aged and lost a couple of fish. Also tried turning CO2 off at night and lost a few more. I guess the fish can't handle that big a swing in ph so will leave the CO2 on from this point forward. I'm really impressed with how easy this was. I was really terrified to try this and to be honest would have never done it without the ph monitor. Now I can start stocking my tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for great information. I actually lowered the ph from my aged 8.3 to 7.5 very slowly. The problem is when I shut the CO2 off it jumped right back up to 8.3 by the next AM. Three fish dead that morning. Changed water using aged 8.3 which shot the ph in tank to 8 and 2 died within the hour. I can't say for sure that's what killed them; however, they do great as long as I use my tap water and leave the CO2 on. But will give it another try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.