The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I usually buy it in 10 ft. lengths. This gives me a little extra to work with when I need to move the CO2 cylinder around for cleaning or replacing it. My diffusers are in my aquariums. If you are using an outside the aquarium reactor, you may be able to get by with a little less. You can measure how much you need easy enough. CO2 tubing is cheap and I would rather have a little more than not enough.

·
HC 'Cuba' Guru
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm going with 10 ft ;)

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
You're welcome.

I hope that 10 ft. works for you. Rex would probably tell you what lengths that many people buy. If you are somewhat concerned that 10 ft. may not be enough, get 12 ft instead.

·
HC 'Cuba' Guru
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a great site that sells CO2 certified tubing for 20 cents a foot, so I'm not worried about a couple extra feet, lol :D

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Silicone tubing is "safe" for CO2. It just leaks a lot. Vinyl works quite well. But it can and will break down. If sunlight hits it then it can break down quite quickly.

If you want vinyl you can get it at Wal-Mart or any pet store. No need to order it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.