The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a CO2 atomizer, which may require raising working pressure to 30psi. Will normal air line tubing be able to handle this kind of pressure? Or I should get some tubing for this project?

Where do you get your CO2 tubing?

Thank you!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The reason I'm asking this question is, air line tubing is not designed to handle high pressure. How high? I don't know.

Obviously somebody got in trouble before by setting the pressure a little too high...

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Clippard polyurethane tubing can hold over 100psi.

Check out the guys here who sell CO2 regulators and post body kits or Google CO2 Proof Polyurethane Tubing

However its thick 1/4" O.D. X 1/8" I.D. wall makes it stiffer and difficult to sleeve over any glass diffusers/bubble checkers without breakage.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The pic you show in question isn't a real regulator. It is a flow valve and the line was taking whatever pressure the tank was putting out. Likely somewhere close to 800 psi. This is one of the reasons I do not recommend the DIY paintball setup.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
The pic you show in question isn't a real regulator. It is a flow valve and the line was taking whatever pressure the tank was putting out. Likely somewhere close to 800 psi. This is one of the reasons I do not recommend the DIY paintball setup.
+1
it is not a regulator, it is a flow valve.
I have the 0-140psi working pressure polyurethane air hose available but it is not going to work with the setup you have.

solution: 1. don't add needle valve, use the current, but bubble rate is not easy to adjust.

2. find out the outlet thread connection type and attach a right high pressure(800+psi) needle valve directly on the flow valve, just like a regular paintball system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.