The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a high tech 110 discus tank up and running for 7 months or so.Here is a picture of my co2 tank and reg.I have had zero trouble tell now.Lights and solenoid are on timmer but right now my timmer turns on light come on soleniod clicks but no co2 is coming threw bubble meter tank is still half full no nobs have be move.Kinda lost on what to do.Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
At one point I had much the same solenoid and signs. When I took it apart, I found there were three items in the moving parts section. Spring,plunger and a small "spacer" ? I found when I powered up, I got a click but the plunger was not opening the solenoid. Possible the click was the spacer moving? Don't know. But to get it working for a bit longer, I gently stretched the spring and lubed it all with some Vasoline. Possibly it is worth a try? If it is not working there is no fear of breaking it!
This is one of the main faults of this type of solenoid that uses a sliding part to open and close. They just have lots of ways to get stuck. I far prefer the Clippard Mouse as it doesn't have the slider to stick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.