The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has experience running CO2 from a single source to multiple tanks, and if there would be any issues with running long distances of CO2 tubing?

After setting up the CO2 in my main tank, been brainstorming ways to get it to my other two tanks in different rooms in the future. It would take a couple of 20-30' runs to reach the other rooms. Conveniently there are already holes drilled in the floor that would allow the tubing to run through the basement and back up right where I would want them. I would have to add a new manifold system so probably won't get around to it any time soon. Anybody tried this or foresee any complications?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I was told to avoid long runs of co2 lines. No one ever could define how long was too long though. The only real issue I see is it might take a while for pressure to build along the long run; and conversely might take a while for it to dissipate when off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.