The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I have a 40 breeder with a GLA co2 diffuser, the biggest one 85mm with a check valve. I have the bubbles going in to the Fluval 306 intake. It running at 2 bubbles per second and takes 5 hours to get the PH to drop. Any suggestions to make it quicker? P.S I miss the old forum layout. Thanks for the info Darkblade48. Yea using a Milwaukee prob.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Are you measuring the pH drop using a pH probe? It should not take 5 hours to get a measurement.

Regarding the forum layout, you can always switch it back to classic view, if that is what you prefer. To do so:

User CP (top left hand corner) > Under Settings and Options > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > From the drop down menu, select PlantedTank.net (Classic)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Thanks Anthony!

In addition to the Fluval 306, I also am running a Hydor 550 circulation pump. The water surface rolls like a river in certain spots.
Well this is part of your problem. The more surface agitation you have the higher the gas exchange is. I would start by decreasing the surface agitation and see what happens. If this doesn't help you will most likely need to turn up the co2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.