The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Same here. Online they have the best prices for CO2 tanks. Then again local prices for myself could be affected by the fact that i Live on an island causing items to rise in value.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welding supply store. I own a 20lb and 10lb. Keep in mind that some welding supply stores do not fill your tank they exchange it. In a case such as that you're not gonna want to give up your nice aluminum tank for a steel tank that looks (cosmetically) shabby so find out what sources of CO2 are near you and what they do. Price...it's about $20 to exchange my 20lb.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you rent a CO2 tank instead of buying it outright you can just exchange the tank every time you need to refill it and you don't have to pay any inspection fees.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
fishbreath,

first decide where you are going to get your tanks filled then see how they operate. Exchange is a good, convenient way to go. If you buy new, they will take your tank into the exchange program, so you don't keep your tank.

See what their startup cost to enter the program is. If you're doing exchange the decision is just the cheapest way to enter the program - pay their startup fee, buy new from the cheapest store, or even used.

AB

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was gifted my CO2 bottle from a friend who used it for beer, it was VERY old and dirty, i exchanged it at a local beer keg place and they gave me a new shiny aluminum one. I was really happy, but it made me think if i had bought a new one i wouldn't want to exchange it and would have to find another place to get it filled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, beer gas is getting very popular and you can find 5lb tanks all over the place. I bought one new and took it to my local fire and safety store. They fill it up for me with Co2 for about $25.

Ebay is another good source of new tanks. I have found some great deals on people selling used and new tanks in various sizes from 2.5 to 20Lbs.

·
Registered
767 Posts
yeah, beer gas is getting very popular and you can find 5lb tanks all over the place. I bought one new and took it to my local fire and safety store. They fill it up for me with Co2 for about $25.

Ebay is another good source of new tanks. I have found some great deals on people selling used and new tanks in various sizes from 2.5 to 20Lbs.
$25 for a 5lb is pretty expensive. I get my 20lb filled for less than that at a welding supply store. Welding supply stores will probably be the cheapest source.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.