The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of picking this CO2 tank up from eBay and just wanted to make sure it'll work. I plan on using a JBJ all-in-one regulator with it. Everything should bolt on easily correct? The handle won't get in the way of the regulator or anything? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah it will work all CO2 cylinders have the same valve top. CGA 320 i believe is the number. Regulator should work.

You know when you own your own cylinder you have to wait to get it refilled unless there is a place near you that has the aluminum cylinders already filled but then you get a used cylinder not the shiny new one you just paid for. Some places will refill it while you wait. You are also responsible for getting it tested every five years. It's only a couple bucks for the pressure test though.

If there is an industrial gas supply company near you they will usually let you take the steel tank and get refills right away when you need em. That's what I do. I pay $10 for a 20lb refill. I don't care what the tank looks like as long as it has CO2 in it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it will work all CO2 cylinders have the same valve top. CGA 320 i believe is the number. Just to let you know when you own your own cylinder you have to wait to get it refilled unless there is a place near you that has the cylinders. and you are responsible for getting it tested every five years. It's only a couple bucks for the pressure test though. If there is an industrial gas supply company near you they will usually let you take the tank and get refills right away when you need em. That's what I do. I pay $10 for a 20lb refill. I don't care what the tank looks like as long as it has CO2 in it.
Cool, thanks for the info. Being in a big city like San Francisco, I'm sure there are more than a few options for CO2 refills.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just check around, some places have the aluminum tanks. You just leave them a deposit, and you are good to go. No worries about tests.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just check around, some places have the aluminum tanks. You just leave them a deposit, and you are good to go. No worries about tests.
One LFS swaps w/ aluminum tanks, but they charge $35 which seems a bit high. I'll probably try some local welding shops or fire accessory places instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts