The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank went dry yesterday, so I went to get it filled (or exchanged) today, as I didn't want the tank to be without Co2 for long. This tank lasted me almost 2 yrs (filled in April - May '05), but I distinctly remember it costing around $23-24 to exchange an empty 10 lb'er for a full one. I went today and they rang it up to $30.38 -- that seems pretty high! This was at Harris Gas/Welding Supply in Citrus Heights. I tried calling Praxair, but they only have 5 lb and 20 lb sizes. Not that it matters now, since I have a full tank, but does anyone know of a cheaper place to refill in the Sac area? This may help benefit others as well, who may be looking for a refill station.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I use River City Fire Equipment, and the cost was $16 as I recall. They fill it while you wait, and the wait isn't more than 10 minutes typically. They are a little hard to find, but once you find them they are a jewel!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have gone to Harris Welding Supply. I think I just got mine refilled around April 1st. It rang up to 25 bucks. However, I'm not going to lie, they are extremely rude to customers.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't find Harris particularly rude, but the price was a little steep. $30 or so for a 10 lb refill. They actually exchange, so no filling while you wait or anything. I had a leak in my Co2 system a couple months back and had to make a second trip --- $60 in about 2 weeks ;(
Two months later, it appears I am about out again. I'm going to try that place in West Sac and then double and triple check my connections...

Hoppy - is that $16 for a 5 lb refill, or 10 lb? That's an excellent price if it's for 10 lb'er, but just so-so for 5 lb.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to confirm that it was about $18.60 after tax for a 10 lb Co2 refill. They refilled while I waited. Not bad at all. I'll be going to River City Fire Equipment Co from now on.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
They also sell all sizes of CO2 tanks for dirt cheap, redo and hydro test tanks as well for pretty cheap prices also.

45$ for a 10lb tank.
Nice as pie.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was also kind of wondering the same thing as my tank is near the end (after only a few months - but I know there's no leaks, I think I just have it on real high)..
Is River City Fire Co only open on weekdays?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I go to Solon Fire Control off of Sunrise and White Rock. I don't know their weekend hours but i think they stop filling at 2-3pm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts