The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CO2 tank for my 55 gallon about 4 years ago, but haven't used it in about 2 years. The tank is 23.5" tall and 8" wide. I think a 60 cu. ft. tank.

There are 2 gauges (AZOO), 1 reads 1-10, the other 1-250. When I open the valve I get 5.25 on the first and 70 on the other. Can anyone tell me what this means and just how much CO2 is left in them.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
435 Posts
i belive that the gauge 1-250 is the bottle pressure, so 70psi. The other is the post regulator pressure or working pressure so 5.25 psi. This is the one that contols the co2 released ideally to a needle valve that can then be fine tuned then into the tank. Fine tuning directly from the regulator is extremly difficult/ impossible...
Anyway 70psi would last a while. Your good to go... i think :) i may be wrong....?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What you are showing is kg/cm3, not psi. There should be another row of numbers on the gauges. If not, then the "70" is about 1000 psi, and the "5.25" is about 75 psi. The "75" might be a little high, it might make it difficult to regulate through your needle valve. I think most people run theirs around 30-44 psi.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK yeah there are 2 feilds on each dial. 1 is 45psi and the other is 1000psi.

So if the 1000psi number starts going down I am running out of CO2 ??

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
How is that a 60 cu ft tank. It is only 2 ft tall and less than a ft in diamater. That sounds like a 1 cu ft tank. Unless it means amount of non-compressed gas that can be compressed into the tank. But that seems strange. Is there a regulator already on this tank?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the 60 cu ft from here:
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=38530
My tank is pretty much the same size.

I still have the paper work for the tank, but it just says "reconditioned tank CO2 $75.00."

It has an AZOO regulator with solenoid on/off. It was worry free for me when I was using it. Just wondered if I needed to get it re-filled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts