The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't really sure where else to put this, Lol.

Well, I was parusing Ebay, hunting around for some cheap Diffusers, and I happened upon this .

They're.. CO2 tablets. :eek5:

Never really heard of them before, I googled it and nothing useful came up, just a bunch of "omgz wut iz thees" kind of things.

So, I was wondering if anyone had used them before :p? I was thinking of picking up a box for some of my nano tanks and 10Gs, since it'd be a lot less smelly, messy and bothersome then keeping up with DIY CO2s for so many tanks.

Hmm.

I'm going to try and dig up some more info about it, I'll post back here if I find anything.

In the mean time, anyone have anything to contribute :)?

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
No ..... It's Polident! :hihi:

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
Wouldn't you have to continually dose a CO2 tablet every day or so? How do you plan to diffuse the CO2, and keep it stable?

There are so many inherent disadvantages to CO2 tablets when compared to DIY CO2, let alone pressurized CO2...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's why I'm asking about it, I'm not sure how it works, if it's stable, etc. The post says to use 2 tablets per 10gallons [essentially 1/5G] 2 times a week.

So I'm wonderinf if it's a sort of slow release tablet, that takes a few days to dissolve?

I might get them just to test it out. Hmm.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My guess is that they are simply sodium bicarbonate/citric acid tablets. Upon addition of water they react and generate CO2. Basically, Alkaseltzer without the aspirin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts