The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please help me figure out the best co2 equipment for a 10 gallon with a divider and a sponge filter. I got some baby dwarf tears and some red rotala for my tank and only have a passive co2 system (fluval mini co2 kit - 20g) and I really need to and would like to upgrade to something much better for my plants. Can anyone help me find the best equipment I need?
Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Can anyone please help me figure out the best co2 equipment for a 10 gallon with a divider and a sponge filter. I got some baby dwarf tears and some red rotala for my tank and only have a passive co2 system (fluval mini co2 kit - 20g) and I really need to and would like to upgrade to something much better for my plants. Can anyone help me find the best equipment I need?
Thank you all in advance
A 5kg co2 cylinder purchased at whatever location you plan to use to refill and a 2 stage regulator (either modified from a used 2 stage regulator or purchased off the shelf from co2art or gla). You will need to ditch the sponge filter. Air pumps and co2 do not mix as bubbles from the air pump will outgas the co2 almost as fast as it gets put into your tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.