The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just an observation on my part, but it might be nice to know why.

I started up my co2 really heavy like a week ago; We're talkin 157ppm according to the chart. While it was like this, the surface was covered with co2 bubbles - it looked like a snow drift. I've been backing the co2 down the last couple of days, down to what shows 50ppm, and yesterday I installed a glass diffuser. Once it got rolling, all the bubbles that made it to surface immediatly broke. Now a day later, they're gathering up on the surface again. I did a quick ph test thinking that the ph would be way down, but it's still steady at 6.5 like it was yesterday.

Why do the bubbles collect on the surface? Doesn't make much sense to me why they'd pop one day and collect another.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no water change yet.

By the way thanks for the diffuser epicfish! I cleared my pm's and forgot who I got it from, but seeing your post made me remember.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
BTW nice guitar, is it a Fender strat?

I also have the same thing, lots and lots of bubbles, but I think its surface scum, but I just can't see the scum, but I can see the water looks kind of oily, just not the normal kind that I see usually.

But I think its because of the surface scum. One day it was nice and clean, and another you had scum. Dunno.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are probably on the mark with surface scum. My tank is pretty new with no fish, but it gets real dirty. Some of the plants I have are melting topside, but growing new shoots bottom side like mad. I guess the rotting plant matter gets things pretty dirty. Like I said, I haven't done a water change in just about a week, but it really needs it bad. Following EI, I will do one Saturday.

Yes sandiegoryu, it's a fender. It's one of those cheaper mexican models. I added a seymour duncan hotrail and some other heavy metal type pickup (maybe a jb junior), along with a diamond plate pickguard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.