The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for Co2 split and 2ways in the forums but everything seems to directed @ 2 Aquariums one Co2 tank setup. What do you use when it is one tank? I was thinking of putting a second Diffuser in my 125 gallon tank. It is 6 ft. long and I read Epicfish mention that on a tank over 4 ft. 2 diffuser should be used, one on each end. I was thinking of just putting a simple plastic Y after the bubble counter. Would this suffice my needs? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I highly doubt it will work. Pressurized gas will always take the path of least resistance.

Best bet is some sort of splitter or manifold and two needle valves.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did a search for Co2 split and 2ways in the forums but everything seems to directed @ 2 Aquariums one Co2 tank setup. What do you use when it is one tank? I was thinking of putting a second Diffuser in my 125 gallon tank. It is 6 ft. long and I read Epicfish mention that on a tank over 4 ft. 2 diffuser should be used, one on each end. I was thinking of just putting a simple plastic Y after the bubble counter. Would this suffice my needs? Any advice would be appreciated.
The right way would be to buy a splitter with another bubble counter and needle valve. Rex has good setups. Thats what I did on my 180g, and worth the extra money for the control.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you Rex and fishtastic , I wonder if anyone has tried this setup. If not I will just wait till I get my new diffuser and try it. If that doesn't work I will be visiting your spot Rex. Either way I will post my experience in case any other newbie was wondering. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts