The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a second hand co2art solenoid and regulator. Apparently in perfect condition and only used a short period. The solenoid gets very hot very quickly and every now and then it makes an awful grinding sound. It seems to be opening and closing ok. I've unplugged it because it's making me edgy.

I'm guessing it will need replacing but could there be a simple solution to the problem?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Check if the electric coil has loosened. Tightening it usually solves this particular issue. I do not use CO2art solenoid, but when my solenoid started buzzing randomly, tightening the coil solved the problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the fuse has blown now. The plate holding the shaft on is bent, might be what caused the noise. I also stretched the spring out a bit as it wasn't very springy. It didn't seem to be dirty. I'm wondering if I can just remove the solenoid and run the co2 on low 24/7 until I can afford to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.