The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a GLA Paintball setup with a 50 mm atomic diffuser in my 5 gallon tank. I currently have the bubble rate set at 1/2 bps which is perfect for both the plants and fish at around 30 ppm CO2.

The problem that I am having is that it takes nearly 2 hours for enough pressure to build in the line to start diffusing through the atomic diffuser. I do have a lot of slack line that I just left in the setup. Would cutting down this line speed up the time it takes to start diffusing?

·
Registered
844 Posts
make it short so the pressure doesn't take too long to reach the diffuser and it doesn't lose co2 on the way

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
without knowing for sure how your set up is, i would bet that adding a check valve close to the diffuser would really help as it sounds like your allowing water to slowly back fill into the differser when its off which does take a little longer to clear out at start up, also having the line be longer than needed will compound that issue as it has to fill more area and pressure befor its able to exit through the diffuser.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Where is you drop checker located? It might be a flow issue if they're on opposite ends of the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts