The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good article on setting up a pressurized CO2 system? I want to make sure i have mine hooked up right because i think i might have a leak. I have a 5lb bottle and its half gone in 3 weeks. I used the tubing that came with the regulator and it runs to a spiral diffuser. The regulator has a slinoid that cuts it off at night time. I tightened the regulator as much as i could with pliars. I however didn't use tape on the threads like they said to do.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I used a pipe wrench, no teflon tape, and Perma-Seal on the regulator to cylinder connection. (O-ring or perma seal is a must)

I used combination wrenches and teflon tape on all standard pipe fittings, with the exception of using pipe goop and not tape on regulator body ports.

What do you mean by half gone? Are you using weight? If you mean by pressure (and you're saying its 400ish psi) you have used much more than half, essentially all of the CO2 originally in that tank. CO2 remains at constant pressure in a tank in equilibrium with liquid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The only way you know you have half of the CO2 left is to weight it. Is that what you did? Did you account for the weight of the regulator? If so, 2.5lb in 3 weeks is a lot of CO2. I used about 2 lb+ in 1 month using 4+ bps (bubbles measured by the CO2 tubing). CO2 is off at night too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.