The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I can't seem to get my paintball co2 system to get a good seal. I set the system up, and this is my first re-fill. I was using two monkey wrench type things on the adapter and the paintball canister. I was having a HARD time getting them to stop leaking. I'm not a scrawny person by any means and I just couldn't get the dern thing to seal. After about 1 hr of messing around with it, I finally got it to "seal". No more "PSSSSSSHHHHH" noise coming out means sealed, right? Wrong. Woke up in the morning to find out it had all leaked out overnight.

I noticed the air was leaking out of this hole in the side of the co2 adaptor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im...p_otherviews_2?ie=UTF8&img=2&s=sporting-goods

Do you know what that could mean? The adaptor is connected to a normal regulator with a crush wafer between them. I got that sealed REALLY tight.

I looked at the O ring on the co2 canister and it may be a little busted, I'm not sure. I used to play paintball so I know what a CLEARLY busted one looks like, but there's just a tiny bit of disfiguration on the bottom...

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Are you replacing the washers every time you take off the regulator?

With regular CGA320 stem/nipple, a nylon washer goes between it and the CO2 cylinder valve, and its crushing forms the seal between the two. Reusing them is not recommended.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Naw naw naw naw, listen, I had the same problem too. I tried to tighten the Regulator to the adapter by hand because, you know, I'm dumb like that.

Look at the adapter and look at the threads, any damages? You can use the same washer if it's not totally worn out. Like, it's not just 1 connection and you toss it. If you had the regulator connected with the same washer for a year then yah.

Try a new washer?

What does your set up look like? Here is my system not FULLY connect:

Here it is totally connected. Disregard the blue tape, it prevents scratches and yes I am totally crazy about scratches. Oh and leave one side uncover so you don't block the hole and kill'self.

What regulator do you have? The Aquatek? That a goofy looking set up they got on amazon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably going to swap out the o-rings to see if that's the problem. This is the first time replacing after the initial set up and in my experience o-rings don't normally bust after one change - but who knows.

I used two monkey wrenches to tighten the connection, not just my hands.

I use the washer and I replaced the washer when I changed it this time.

THIS is where all the air was coming out of. There was a gigantic stream coming out of here

I didn't notice it leaking from anywhere else.

You can clearly see the damage I was doing trying to tighten it with the wrenches haha.
This is the little bit of damage I noticed on the O-ring

Here's the regulator and adapter

Another shot

All together

Also, one other tiny concern is that this part of the co2 canister (the brass piece with the o-ring on it) was going around a little bit when I was tightening the connection. I don't want the top to come off and pop me in the face and kill me - is this a legitimate concern, or does that normally happen sometimes?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I THINK I might have figured out what was wrong.

Filled up the co2 tank today, took the old O-ring off, and was about to put it on the regulator when I noticed clear plastic sticking out of the adapter. It was rolled up in there and it seems to be another O-ring. It is very thin and seems like it could fit around the inside of the adapter. Should I just put another paintball O-ring down in adapter and try to screw it in? I just don't want to waste another 8 dollars on refilling it : /

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.