The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding a new section to my Guide. One that can only work with your input. It's a CO2 resource center.

A list of where cylinders can be purchased locally, where to get them filled/swapped, where to get them hydro tested, and how much a fill/swap is.

Just look in the CO2 section of the menu for the link.

And please take a minute to help me help everyone else.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The plant group in the SF Bay area, sfbaaps, has a resource page that lists, among other things, where to get COO2 refills. Here is the link: sfbaaps/references. I don't think you have to be a member to see the link.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks to all who have replied. This project is going to come together and will I think be a valuable resource.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still taking submissions for the CO2 Resource Center.

Please take a minute and email me with the info.

Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You should go dynamic and have a link for an input form at the top or bottom of each state, so people can add a location as they come across your site, or find a new place. Have a cheesy captcha or something to keep the bots out, and have that page pull it's data from a table. Make your web page work for you! Then you can focus on a different section or just relax.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had the knowledge to do that I would. But my HTML skills are almost as limited as my ability to aquascape.

·
Registered
664 Posts
RoseHawke told me about a place to refill CO2 cylinders in Birmingham, AL.

S&S Carbonic and Dry Ice Company
124 S 16th Street
in Downtown Birmingham, AL

She said the refills run about $5 for her 10lb tank. I haven't bought my cylinder just yet, so I haven't checked them out....but I will in the next couple weeks.

She also told me about a place to buy cylinders. A 10lb was $100 at Alabrew on First Avenue North in East Lake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts