The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together a multi aquarium CO2 system, has anyone had good experiences with the regulators typically sold on Amazon such as FZONE? This is my first time setting up CO2 in tanks so it's a learning curve. Is it worth spending the money for dual stage? I'm reading a lot about end of tank dump and don't want to risk that feeding 4 aquariums from one system.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
A diy system w/ some luck us usually not that much more (if even) than a good single stage.

Even using all " new commercial" parts can come in under $350 for a dual stage if you assemble. Smith 2 stage O2 regulator and post body kit from diyCO2 whatever.
https://store.cyberweld.com/smoxre2st30s.html
Running multiple tanks off one reg seems to sort if require a 2 stage since ine could run low really fast. Sort if favoring eotd.

Some here run multiple tanks we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be running either a Q (80cu.ft) or S (120cu.ft), have several laying around as spares for welders. If my math is right i should expect minimum six months per fill running 4 aquariums. Haven't looked into assembling my own setup, will have to do some more reading. The one stop shop of Amazon is enticing, just unsure of quality with unknown brands.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked at a lot of regulators, even $40 ones from hardware stores. We decided to go with the UNS CO2 regulator, solenoid & 3 bubblecounters. Had this system for a few months. Feeds CO2 to two 10 gallon and a 15 gallon aquarium. Bought the system from Buce Plant. Think they are having sales this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.