The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been looking at building my own CO2 regulator after I've seen some of the builds on here.

Looking through ebay for some of the regulators I'm just curious what you guys look for when you're trying to find a good regulator.

These are the item numbers for a few of the ones I've found that look good, but honestly I have no idea what I'm looking at :S

Most of them would need a new CGA320 connection but they seem decent.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
they all look good, and the models are right, but plus the shipping to Canada, the cost will be high.

forgot to mention that you can check with @Darkblade48, one of the mods on this forum, see if he has any regulator that he can spare or what he recommend to make purchase, he is from Canada too.

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
High shipping costs deter me from pulling the trigger on the last 2 regulators. In fact, the last one shows up as $94 shipping for me (nearly the cost of the regulator itself).

The first one looks promising, but be aware that you will be hit with GST/PST/HST, and brokerage fees ($9.95 if you use Canada Post, more if you use FedEx or UPS). Depending on how the item is declared, you may have to pay duty as well, though this should be covered under NAFTA.

I have a bunch of spare Mathesons and Victors, but they are in various stages of (dis)repair (some have bad diaphragms, but working gauges, others have working diaphragms, but bad gauges, etc). Thankfully, I still have the 1/2-27 CGA320 connectors that the older regulators use.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. It's definitely a lot to take in.

Is there a different between the HPT and GPT models??

I just found this one 233349950600, and it looks in way better shape.

Sorry to be a hassle but I do appreciate the help.

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
Looks similar to the HPT that I have. Good model; the low pressure side gauge could be more resolved, but as long as you're not requiring something like 5 PSI delivery pressure, it won't be a problem trying to dial it in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts