The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been searching the forums for this, please point me if this has been addressed. I have an kegerator style dual valve regulator and CO2 tank, and a nano diffuser for my 14 gal. how/where do i get something to connect the CO2 to the diffuser? will this setup work, or do i need a new regulator?

Thanks!

P.S. i have a HOB filter, so in-line is not an option

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
From your regulator, you will need a needle valve as well. This will allow finer control of the CO2.

Once you have that, you will need a hose barb that allows you to connect your tubing from the needle valve to your diffuser.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
I've managed to find hose barbs at my local hardware store.

Tubing you can get from anywhere; I use the standard silicone tubing.

As for the needle valve, you may need to look in more specialized places. I do not think a LFS will carry such a product (unless they are overcharging you a lot). The best places to look are eBay as well as the Swap and Shop section of these forums.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the silicone tubing (i have a hagen ladder)
I can get the barbs. I have a very good LFS in town (Pets Inc) which MAY have it...
in terms of the needle gauge, is that the only way to connect the CO2 down to the Silicone tubing?
That's where I am confused, where can I get a connection to go from the brass fitting on the regulator to the silicone tubing? Is this a stupid question?

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Your hardware store will likely have the hose barbs for a cheaper price than the LFS. I managed to find my brass hose barbs that fitted from my needle valve to the silicone tubing for ~ 1 USD.

For the needle valve (not needle gauge), it is an essential part of the regulator. This allows the fine control of CO2. For example, the regulator will bring the pressure down to (say) 20 PSI, but we require control at the rate of "bubbles per second". A needle valve allows us to do just this, and is thus required.

Once the needle valve is connected to the regulator, you can attach a hose barb to the needle valve, and then the silicone tubing to that said hose barb.

In essence, you will need two kinds of fittings: one to go from the regulator to the needle valve and another to go from the needle valve to the silicone tubing. The first fitting will depend on the size of your needle valve and the size of the port on the regulator. Then, the second fitting from the needle valve to the silicone tubing will be the hose barb, as I mentioned above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.