The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning TPT....I found a leak on my co2 regulator(aquaticlife) it is at the point on the regulator where the body connects to the stem that connects to the co2 tank. to make it short, can someone tell me if this can be repaired or will it be better to shop for another one. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts
So the leak is between the nipple and the regulator body? Or is it between the nut and the CO2 cylinder?

If it is the former, some pipe compound or teflon tape should be able to remedy that situation. If it is the latter, then make sure you have a (new) nylon washer that is between the nut and the cylinder.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, it is from the nipple and body...do i just take a wrench and try to remove the nipple? is there anything I need to be aware of before I try that? dont want to completly make a mess of this regulator :). thank you

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
If there is room to rotate the reg body, you may be able to stop the leak by turning it a quarter turn tighter. If that does not stop the leak, it will need to be backed off and sealer put on before putting it back. The nipple is just screwed in much like a bolt would be except it has to hold the gas in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts