The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The awesome people who make this forum what it is, did a lot for me, and I just wanted to give back by helping others who are just starting out like me. I made a diagram of my CO2 regulator, and hopefully it will help someone along the way. Please note that if you're planning to build a CO2 regulator, your setup will be different. My fittings will probably not fit yours because it's not your typical NPT threading. My regulator has VCR threading, so please do your research before you start buying parts. I had a representative at Swagelok fit everything for me. This is just to give people an idea.

CO2 Regulator

CO2 20lb tank craigslist $53.00

Gasflo Nipple NIP-32SS-4MFS-28 es-technologies website $55.61
Gasflo Nut NUT-320SS es-technologies website $11.26
Total for both plus shipping $74.11

Swagelok Nickel VCR Gasket NI-4-VCR-2 swagelok website $1.40

Tescom 64-34403KHT160-053 Regulator eBay $91.30

Swagelok Nickel VCR Gasket NI-4-VCR-2 swagelok website $1.40

Swagelok 1/4” MVCR x 1/4” MNPT Elbow SS-4-VCR-2-2 swagelok website $23.90

Burkert 6011 A Solenoid 1/8 NPT 24V DC eBay $47.35

Burkert 2507 LED Cable Plug 423851 questenginc website $13.07

Generic power supply US plug DC 24V 500mA 100-240AC eBay $5.60

Swagelok 1/8” Male elbow SS-200-2-2 swagelok website $12.10

Swagelok 1/8” Port Connector swagelok website $7.70

Hoke 1666G2YA Metering Valve eBay $24.95

Swagelok 1/8” Tube OD X 1/8” MNPT Male Tube Adapter SS-2-TA-1-2 swagelok website $6.40

Ista Bubble Counter eBay $15.95

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking about a chart like that. Thanks

BTW: I thik you just sent 1/2 doz people to ekk bay looking for a $25 Micromite... ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, I was just thinking about a chart like that. Thanks

BTW: I thik you just sent 1/2 doz people to ekk bay looking for a $25 Micromite... ;)
Yeah, I thought it would’ve been helpful if someone made a chart like this when I was building mine. I thought of this because when I was fixing my car, they had these in the repair manuals. Yeah, I impulsively snatched that Micro Mite when I saw it, knowing it’ll be gone in a minute if I don’t.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:surprise:Awesome, but you scared the crap out of me....the link in the right panel for the forum says "CO2 regulator exploded...":surprise:
Haha :laugh2: Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. It would suck if my regulator exploded. Don't want to bring them on a plane. They use that term in the automotive repair manual diagrams.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Very cool! You should annotate somewhere that VCR isn't all that common though, so people don't go out purchasing face seal fittings and gaskets for their NPT regulator lol. Some new builders may think it's standard and something they need for every build.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Very cool! You should annotate somewhere that VCR isn't all that common though, so people don't go out purchasing face seal fittings and gaskets for their NPT regulator lol. Some new builders may think it's standard and something they need for every build.
Yeah, I hope they read this before they go off purchasing parts. Someone with an NPT regulator should create a diagram, too. I had to do a hours of crazy photoshopping to get it to look like this though. Every item was individually photoshopped and edited.

If someone where to take pictures of every part of their NPT regulator like the example I have below, and send them to me, I can photoshop it for the forum. I took large photos of every part so it's easier to edit and provides way better quality than if I were to take a picture of everything together. I did take some pictures of it all together, but some parts blocked other parts. It's just easier to move around with layers of photos on Photoshop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts