The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm looking to buy a Co2 regulator for my tank. I am on an under $100 budget so I know I am very limited on choices.

I know I could afford either the Aquatek or the Milwaukee, and although I know they arent the best out there, but thats all I can afford. My question is, which one would everyone say is better than the other?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had both before and the pressure gauge didn't last for long time only a yr and half. So they about the same for me. Now I had a smith regulator for about 4 yrs now and never had a problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
I assume the $100 budget that you have does not include the cost of the CO2 cylinder? 5 pound cylinders usually run anywhere from $65 and up.

If the $100 is your budget excluding the cylinder, then I would suggest if you feel comfortable building your own pressurized CO2 system from parts, you could look for sales on eBay.

There were some good Victor 450D that I saw as well as a Matheson last week; these were $35 and under (with shipping, under $50 if you are in the US). The Matheson closed at $20 (I estimate $35 with shipping?)

There are also some nice Parker metering valves for less than $30 shipped.

Add in a few brass fittings, etc, and you have something that can be built for less than $100 (no bubble counter nor solenoid, though).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts