The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm starting my journey into pressurized CO2 and want to make sure I get it right the first time. Space and $$ are a concern and I will be using this on my nano 5.5g tank with a paintball tank.

I'm looking at getting an AquaTek regulator (since these are the only kits available on Amazon and I have a ton of giftcards...and they look ideal for a starter) and I was wondering if I should get the Paintball regulator ($90) or a standard CGA320 w/ the adapter ($94 + $17)?

Paintball

CGA320

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
If you get the standard CGA320 w/ adapter than you can use the regulator for a larger tank if you ever set one up in the future (all you'd need is a new tank). I went that route with my 10 gallon tank; I like the fact that I won't have to buy a new regulator if I want to set up a larger high tech tank in the future.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree. It's best to spend a couple extra dollars getting the adapter and having a regulator that you can use in the future on a bigger tank. I just recently got aquatek regulator and it works great so far. Stays cool and seems to stay consistent. Bubble counter that comes with it is plastic so look into the brass one too if you have a couple more dollars. The one included isn't horrible. Consider their CO2 tubing as well. It's black and designed for dosing. Hope this helps.

Posted from Plantedtank.net App for Android

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.