The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! Getting back into the hobby this past year. Had an account here from way back (was last online here 8 years ago! 馃槷 Tried multiple times to get in using "forgot password" but that email never arrived).

I have a Rex Grigg single stage regulator on my large tank, but I got a second tank and wanted to set up CO2 on it.
I recently ordered a used dual stage Victor VTS 453 E and a post-body kit from diyco2regulator.com to serve as the setup for my second tank.

Gauge Gas Door Metal Measuring instrument

This setup was working fantastically, until the regulator failed and started dumping tank pressure into the low pressure side. By the time I caught it, the entire needle valve was frosted over and all the fish were dead. The low pressure gauge was damaged, and the regulator could not, well, regulate.

In keeping with my tendency for fail safes (for example, I run two smaller heaters on my tanks after my single larger heater cooked my fish way back), I decided I would get a 50 psi blow-off valve for my new setup.

The regulator is a Fisher Scientific 10-572E.

Fluid Measuring instrument Gas Auto part Machine

Pardon my sloppy tape/dope job.
Let me know your thoughts! Low pressure blow-off valve: Smart, foolish, dangerous?

Premium Member
clippard manifold is in opposite direction, the two mounting holes should be on the outlet side.
other than that, everything look good.

not sure which one of the regulator that broke, the original rex or the VTS 450 E?
The VTS 450 is really high output pressure, better to find a good high MOPD solenoid, rare but occasionally appear on evil bay. -Kip solenoid.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information regarding the Clippard solenoid! That makes two solenoids I need to flip 馃槄 as I've also replaced the 120VAC Clippard solenoid on my Rex regulator.

The regulator that broke was the Victor VTS 453E. The Rex regulator is still going strong though I may replace it with a dual stage someday.

Registered
I decided I would get a 50 psi blow-off valve for my new setup.

Let me know your thoughts! Low pressure blow-off valve: Smart, foolish, dangerous?
Perfect.. Now I'm not the only one.. ;)
This Victor also died but it was the HP seat..

Premium Member
Thanks for the information regarding the Clippard solenoid! That makes two solenoids I need to flip 馃槄 as I've also replaced the 120VAC Clippard solenoid on my Rex regulator.

The regulator that broke was the Victor VTS 453E. The Rex regulator is still going strong though I may replace it with a dual stage someday.
Perfect.. Now I'm not the only one.. ;)
This Victor also died but it was the HP seat..
need this:

need the tools to open the regulator though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.