The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is my first CO2 equippment and the threads between the sodastream adapter and the regulator seems a bit loose when screw tougether. Seems Ok when it reatch the Rubber Seal, but on the way in it is really flimsy. Is this normal? i am afraid it will pop of or explode when pressurized馃槼
Fluid Drinkware Plastic bottle Audio equipment Wood

Super Moderator
I'm not sure what thread sizing the Sodastream adapter uses (it might be proprietary), but if there is any play between the two pieces, it could be cause for concern (depending on how much play there is).

In general though, there shouldn't be any play (go to the hardware store and try putting a 1/8" NPT male into a 1/8" NPT female, and try wiggling them; that's about the amount of play you should have, at most).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! This is my first CO2 equippment and the threads between the sodastream adapter and the regulator seems a bit loose when screw tougether. Seems Ok when it reatch the Rubber Seal, but on the way in it is really flimsy. Is this normal? i am afraid it will pop of or explode when pressurized馃槼 View attachment 1026252 View attachment 1026252
I'm not sure what thread sizing the Sodastream adapter uses (it might be proprietary), but if there is any play between the two pieces, it could be cause for concern (depending on how much play there is).

In general though, there shouldn't be any play (go to the hardware store and try putting a 1/8" NPT male into a 1/8" NPT female, and try wiggling them; that's about the amount of play you should have, at most).
Thanks for answering.

Uhhh,,, It should be snug when tightened.
Thanks for answering

Registered
From what I know about sodastream...not a whole lot....the threads are relatively coarse (21.8mm*14 I think). The first few turns may be loose but it should be tight when it finishes threading in. The more coarse of a thread the 鈥渓ooser鈥 it will feel at the beginning of the threads.

Edit: just noticed you were speaking of the threads on the regulator.

Is there a disposable plastic washer in there or an o-ring slot machined into the end where the co2 bottle normally would attach on the regulator? When attaching a regulator to a cga320 thread there needs to be an O-ring or small plastic washer in the connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.