The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Co2 reg needle is at the very top of the red zone.

So call me stupid but how low can I let it go before I refill it. Yeah, I know it will be empty when it reaches the bottom but should I wait that long?

Should I worry about end of the tank dump??

SuMo reg w/Swagelok valves split to three with two leads to the 55g and one to a 20 long.

This is my first other than DIY Co2 system .......... can ya tell????

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have backup cylinder's, so I let my current Co2 cylinder/s run completely out
before swapping.
I've also heard many say and talk about over the years of an end of tank
dump, but I have to call BS on that, I've never seen it happen, only heard
internet rumors.

I doubt you have to worry with end of tank dump.

For what its worth.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'm in the same boat with the EOTD, but I definitely suggest having a second, filled canister at the house so you can swap them out quickly and avoid the problems that come into play when CO2 is off for some time. I used to keep my lights off while I drove out to refill, but it's so much easier on the mind to have the second canister ready.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Once the tank pressure gage starts dropping from the 700 or so psi that it stays at, normally, the tank is out of liquid CO2, and the remaining gas will be used up very quickly. If a weekend is approaching, as it is, you should refill the tank now. Otherwise, you might get one or two more days of CO2 before all of the gas is gone. The last thing you want to happen is to run out late Friday, with no place to refill it until Monday.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once the tank pressure gage starts dropping from the 700 or so psi that it stays at, normally, the tank is out of liquid CO2, and the remaining gas will be used up very quickly. If a weekend is approaching, as it is, you should refill the tank now. Otherwise, you might get one or two more days of CO2 before all of the gas is gone. The last thing you want to happen is to run out late Friday, with no place to refill it until Monday.
Ooops, hubby may have an assignment tomorrow morning! Great to have someone around who is retired. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts